Monday, February 14, 2011

keeping it sweet and simple on valentine's day


as early as 5pm, downtown NY was bustling with people rushing out of their office buildings and presumably excited to head to their dinner reservations :) i looked like i was playing dodgeball as i walked back to my building after running a quick errand. H and I didn't bother to book any reservations cause (1) prices are jacked up during holidays like this because of their dinner specials, dinner packages, promos or whatever clever wordplay (2) he didn't want me to stress about where to eat cause he said he wanted to surprise me :) so his sole instruction was to head home right after work.

this is not the first time he cooked for me but it never fails to melt my heart every time :) the table setup was simple basically because we have no special china or dinnerware yet :p just ikea chic hehe :p


i'm a super fan of his mom's chile relleno and he knows that so it was really sweet of him to make my favorite dish for this day :)


since i really like chile rellenos and this was his first time to make one, i was afraid i might have to pretend i like 'em so i won't break his heart :p but heck, they were really good! he thought i was just being appreciative of his sweet gesture but they were really good and i know cause i always order chile relleno whenever i miss his mom's cooking :D

H and I love to dine out once in a while but I prefer a home-prepared meal than a fancy dinner especially during special occasions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment